-
Only root can log in...?
Hello,
I've done a hard disk install of Knoppix 3.1 and it works great except for one oddity. If I configure the system to boot up to a command line (default runlevel = 3, right?), then the "knoppix" user (default, created by the install) or any other users I have created since the install cannot log on. As soon as I type the user name, the message "Login incorrect" is returned. The root user can log in just fine. And if I switch the runlevel back to 5 for graphical login, then any of the users are able to sign on just as they should. I know this is a newbie question, but it really has me stumped. Other than that, I am really enjoying the install of Knoppix. It is my favorite distsro that I have tried so far. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer.
- G.
Similar Threads
-
By Amdmhz in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 04:21 PM
-
By daemax in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2004, 02:05 AM
-
By metroidprime13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:13 AM
-
By rbeabout in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 05:15 PM
-
By KnoDeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99