Looks like its compressed with something other then gzip I like ark, hit Alt-F2 then type ark. YOu may also be able to just click the fiel.
I mounted my floppy drive using mount /floppy and I had a file adsl.tar in that.When I did "tar xzf adsl.tar" to untar it, the following were displayed,
gzip:stdin:not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
So how to untar that file?
Looks like its compressed with something other then gzip I like ark, hit Alt-F2 then type ark. YOu may also be able to just click the fiel.
Your file might not be compressed at all (otherwise the extension would more likely be .tar.gz or .tgz), so 'tar xvf adsL.tar' might work. If not, try 'file adsl.tar' and see how it is identified.
You are telling tar to use -z which is for gzipped file format. This file is only tarred not compressed.Originally Posted by gopikrish
baldyeti has posted the solution.

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.3" 2k Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 170 2025 - ...
$599.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Core i5 2.6GHz 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 , Good
$229.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14" 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected]
$249.00
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00