Check your /etc/lilo.conf
There should be a line (append=...........) that says nodma. Remove just that nodma, not the whole line. Save and then run lilo (on root konsole).
Don't blame me if you can't boot later on.![]()
I had no problems booting knoppix 3.3, but when i tried 3.4 it would get stuck at the dma acceleration part. So I booted 3.4 with the no dma option. I also installed this version to the harddrive. Everything works fine except it take alot longer to boot, I was told because DMA was not enabled. How do I enable dma at boot time?
thanks
Check your /etc/lilo.conf
There should be a line (append=...........) that says nodma. Remove just that nodma, not the whole line. Save and then run lilo (on root konsole).
Don't blame me if you can't boot later on.![]()
Here is what i have in lilo.conf
image=/boot/vmlinuz
label="Linux"
initrd=/boot/initrd.img
append="ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce
quiet nodma"
read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.26
label="Linux(2.4)-1"
initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.4.26
append="ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce
quiet nodma"
read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.6
label="Linux(2.6)-2"
initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.6.6
append="ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce
quiet nodma"
read-only
First thing to do is backup you /etc/lilo.conf.
Then edit your /etc/lilo.conf, remove that "quite nodma" from kernel 2.4 first. Save.
Open konsole:
su
lio
Lilo will be updated.
Reboot your system
When boot option appear (lilo), choose boot from kernel 2.4. If you can boot flawlessly, then you can start edit your lilo again and remove "nodma" from other kernel.
If you cannot boot properly, use unedited kernel (kernel2.6) to boot into system to restore your lilo.conf.
Sorry, typo, not lio but lilo.Open konsole:
su
lio
Thanks a bunch shah
Everything worked out well, I didnt have to use the backup lilo.conf.
It does boot quciker now.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm P/N: SFP-10G-SR (10-2415-03) *NEW SEALED
$25.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50