-
Senior Member
registered user
Using chroot to run partimage to backup hdinstalled knoppix?
I could use some hint on how to backup my knoppix partition without
booting on a cd.
I have my system on /hda1/ and I was wondering how I could be allowed
to umount it without having to boot on cdrom. I want to run partimage on it and it insists that it should not be mounted.
So how difficult is that?
Thx
-
Senior Member
registered user
after some research
well, it seems like the chroot command is not as powerfull as I
expected.
Even its easy to setup a chrrot inv with
the needed commands, its still not possible to umount the 'system' partition to
run partimage on it.
I guess its possible to boot into an image installed on another partition using a floppy
but thats not easier than using a cdrom.
So my questions is:
Is it possible to umount the system partition without booting
on other media (floppy, cdrom) ?
Like having a boot image on another partition and boot into that?
Thank you
Similar Threads
-
By fabfab in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 08:19 PM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 08:09 PM
-
By raymond139 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 04:15 PM
-
By SideWynder in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-06-2003, 09:36 PM
-
By hickorynut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11
$334.67