with the experience i have had linux doesnt like NTFS filesystems so im thinking no
Hello,
I have a Knoppix machine that I want to use to mount and clean hard drives with. Most of the HD's are NTFS. I want to be able to delete files from an NTFS hard drive, while saving everything else, when Knoppix is loaded. Is this possible?
Thanks.
with the experience i have had linux doesnt like NTFS filesystems so im thinking no
Its possible with knoppix 3.4 which has captibe-ntfs.
But since captive-ntfs needs to be configured for your paricular version of XP os/ptach, there is a bit of remastering involved.
step 1: During knoppix remastering process in the chroot environment you should do captive-install-acquire
step 2: Boot the remastered knoppix and from root shell do mount -t captive-ntfs /dev/hda(x) /mnt/hda(x)
step 3: Delete the files you dont need from /mnt/hda(x).
Is this the same method for writing files to NTFS?
I'm still having problems with Linux code so please bear with me while I learn up on what it means and how to use it (then I can find out without having to ask each time!)

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$481.27
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$17.99