with the experience i have had linux doesnt like NTFS filesystems so im thinking no
Hello,
I have a Knoppix machine that I want to use to mount and clean hard drives with. Most of the HD's are NTFS. I want to be able to delete files from an NTFS hard drive, while saving everything else, when Knoppix is loaded. Is this possible?
Thanks.
with the experience i have had linux doesnt like NTFS filesystems so im thinking no
Its possible with knoppix 3.4 which has captibe-ntfs.
But since captive-ntfs needs to be configured for your paricular version of XP os/ptach, there is a bit of remastering involved.
step 1: During knoppix remastering process in the chroot environment you should do captive-install-acquire
step 2: Boot the remastered knoppix and from root shell do mount -t captive-ntfs /dev/hda(x) /mnt/hda(x)
step 3: Delete the files you dont need from /mnt/hda(x).
Is this the same method for writing files to NTFS?
I'm still having problems with Linux code so please bear with me while I learn up on what it means and how to use it (then I can find out without having to ask each time!)

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99