-
Junior Member
registered user
Sample files please !
Can someone give me some file entry samples for
LILO
XF86Config
Boot
Mount
fstab
I recently installed Knoppix 3.1 CD to HD but am having major problems trying to get to a decent readable KDE desktop.
I keep getting messages in root mailbox saying ‘no volumes found/loaded.
I’m using a floppy to boot into Knoppix/Debian login screen at present and if I had a couple on sample files for above I reckon I would solve these problems.
Any kind soul out there can help, TIA
Alex1
-
Senior Member
registered user
The best way to get a working XF86Config-4 file for your system is to boot to your knoppix cd and copy the knoppix created file from /etc/X11 on the live system to a floppy or your hard drive, etc. Note: it's XF86Config-4 not XF86Config.
For help with lilo, posting my lilo.conf won't really help much, as it is customized for my system, post back with info about your system, are you dual booting, if yes what other OS. We would also need info regarding your exact hd setup, if you only have one hd installed do a fdisk -l /dev/hda and post back the output. Also post your existing lilo.conf file. Some quick lilo notes, if you are NOT dual booting, ie. knoppix is your only OS then the boot line in your lilo.conf should be: " boot=/dev/hda " to go much further we need more info.
As far as:
I keep getting messages in root mailbox saying ‘no volumes found/loaded.
that message has to do with lvm (logical volumes) and it's annoying but not critical, search this forum to find out how to fix that, it's a cron job problem.
I don't quite understand what you are asking as far as Boot and Mount, /boot is a directory, and Mount? are you referring to /proc/mounts?
in knoppix fstab is messed up because knoppix is supposed to be run from cd not installed to a hd, so fstab is not dealt with correctly, again look in the FAQ and search here for fstab fixes.
HTH
rock
-
Junior Member
registered user
Reply 2 Rock
Rock
Thanks for tips, I'll get back to you with further info if I cant sort it tonight.
Alex1
-
Junior Member
registered user
Reply 2 Rock
Rock
Thanks for tips, I'll get back to you with further info if I cant sort it tonight.
Alex1
Similar Threads
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:08 PM
-
By stukennedyuk in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 04:39 PM
-
By kozo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 11:38 PM
-
By goba in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 01:29 PM
-
By Alex1 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 11:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

16GB(2x 8GB) Crucial DDR3L-1600 SODIMM / Lot of 2 8GB / Laptop RAM Memory / A25
$17.99

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

1x CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM 8GB 3200MHz
$38.00

SK hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200 DIMM 288-Pin Non-ECC Unbuffered
$300.00

Kingston 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 260-Pin SO-DIMM Non-ECC lot of 10
$1500.00

ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 DIMM Unbuffered AX3U1600W8G9-RR
$25.00