Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Sample files please !

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    16

    Sample files please !

    Can someone give me some file entry samples for
    LILO
    XF86Config
    Boot
    Mount
    fstab
    I recently installed Knoppix 3.1 CD to HD but am having major problems trying to get to a decent readable KDE desktop.
    I keep getting messages in root mailbox saying ‘no volumes found/loaded.
    I’m using a floppy to boot into Knoppix/Debian login screen at present and if I had a couple on sample files for above I reckon I would solve these problems.
    Any kind soul out there can help, TIA

    Alex1

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    The best way to get a working XF86Config-4 file for your system is to boot to your knoppix cd and copy the knoppix created file from /etc/X11 on the live system to a floppy or your hard drive, etc. Note: it's XF86Config-4 not XF86Config.

    For help with lilo, posting my lilo.conf won't really help much, as it is customized for my system, post back with info about your system, are you dual booting, if yes what other OS. We would also need info regarding your exact hd setup, if you only have one hd installed do a fdisk -l /dev/hda and post back the output. Also post your existing lilo.conf file. Some quick lilo notes, if you are NOT dual booting, ie. knoppix is your only OS then the boot line in your lilo.conf should be: " boot=/dev/hda " to go much further we need more info.

    As far as:
    I keep getting messages in root mailbox saying ‘no volumes found/loaded.
    that message has to do with lvm (logical volumes) and it's annoying but not critical, search this forum to find out how to fix that, it's a cron job problem.

    I don't quite understand what you are asking as far as Boot and Mount, /boot is a directory, and Mount? are you referring to /proc/mounts?

    in knoppix fstab is messed up because knoppix is supposed to be run from cd not installed to a hd, so fstab is not dealt with correctly, again look in the FAQ and search here for fstab fixes.

    HTH

    rock

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    16

    Reply 2 Rock

    Rock
    Thanks for tips, I'll get back to you with further info if I cant sort it tonight.
    Alex1

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    16

    Reply 2 Rock

    Rock
    Thanks for tips, I'll get back to you with further info if I cant sort it tonight.
    Alex1

Similar Threads

  1. Privacy in Staff Personal folders. Any Sample Policies?
    By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:08 PM
  2. ALSA Audacity via82xx sample rate @ 48k not 44.1k?
    By stukennedyuk in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 04:39 PM
  3. need help with swf files
    By kozo in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 11:38 PM
  4. ps/2 mouse and sample rate
    By goba in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 01:29 PM
  5. Sample files please !
    By Alex1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 11:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive picture

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive

$109.99



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Western Digital Purple 1TB 3.5

Western Digital Purple 1TB 3.5" SATA Internal Surveillance Hard Drive (WD10PURX)

$49.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$84.00