Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    5

    KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN

    So, I saw this on the bit_torrent page and was wondering if it is for real? It is not mentioned anywhere?

    Anyone know anything about it before I try booting my laptop with it?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    14
    Downloaded it last night, and I have booted it on two computers.

    Seems fine. :)

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    10
    So what's new with knoppix 3.6

    MMmmmm...Let me guess kde 3.3 for starters ?

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    14
    Nope..

    KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN on the official bittorrent tracker has KDE 3.2.3.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2
    http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/

    KNOPPIX Version 3.6 zum Download freigegeben
    (Knoppix 3.6 for download released)

    KNOPPIX-Version 3.6 "aKademy" steht zum Download über Bittorrent und auf den Knoppix-Mirrors bereit. Einige der neuen Features:

    * Linux Kernel 2.4.27 und, als Bootoption, Kernel 2.6.7, beide ACPI-enabled.
    * KDE Version 3.2.3.
    * GIMP Version 2.0.
    * Erweiterte Hardwareerkennung und Updates,
    * der FreeNX server von Fabian Franz,
    * ndiswrapper zum Laden proprietärer Treiber für einige Wireless Netzwerk Adapter.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OOPS! How did we miss a release from 2004.0816???

    Anyway, I'm having a heck of a time getting this release. I tried bittorrent, but it takes for ever to start! How long does it take to queue up?

    I tried the ftp sites, but only

    ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/

    has the new ISO and it's really slow!!!

    OK, am I doing something wrong? I went to the BitTracker page on www.knoppix.net and clicked DL. Now on my home dir I have KNOPPIX...EN.torrent so I ran

    Code:
    btlaunchmany *.torrent
    in a shell and all I get is hundred's of lines like

    Code:
    All: Spd: 0 B/0 B Tot: 0.0 MB/0.0 MB
    
    All: Spd: 0 B/0 B Tot: 0.0 MB/0.0 MB
    
    All: Spd: 0 B/0 B Tot: 0.0 MB/0.0 MB
    
    All: Spd: 0 B/0 B Tot: 0.0 MB/0.0 MB
    Is this normal???

    ARRGGGHHHH,
    AJG

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    I suspect we missed due to the timestamp
    KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso 716308 KB 08/22/04 21:01:00

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kampen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    166
    You might try a regular download from Tuwien http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/knoppix/

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsar
    You might try a regular download from Tuwien http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/knoppix/
    This site doesn't have 3.6 either!

    OK, I've left btlaunchmany running for nearly 2 hours now and I still get the same outputs. Am I in fact on a queue or not. If I'm not, I don't see the point of leaving this running....

    Regards,
    AJG

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2
    What in Gehenna is Bit Torrent? Does Knoppix work well? I have been trying to find a good linux distribution so I can pickup Unix again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Boot from CD, KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN
    By amir in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 10:39 PM
  2. no boot.img on KNOPPIX_V3.7-2004-12-08-EN.iso
    By Christopher in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 12:05 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 09:41 PM
  4. KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-09 is here
    By probono in forum News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 11:06 AM
  5. Knoppix_V3.3-2004-02-16
    By Stephen in forum News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM picture

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM

$344.97



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00