Hi,
I have the same problem and I am still looking for a solution.
May anybody help me?
Even the problem is, that machine with knoppix on it is my DHCP-Server.
How do I disable DHCP from running on interface ETH0?
I have set /etc/network/interfaces up properly but on boot it still asks for asks the DHCP for an address.
If i do an ifdown eth0 then ifup eth0 it uses the static address not the dhcp'ed address.
Hi,
I have the same problem and I am still looking for a solution.
May anybody help me?
Even the problem is, that machine with knoppix on it is my DHCP-Server.
If you don't want the DHCP client to run at all then a quick and dirty way is to do, as root:
Code:chmod -x /sbin/pump
I am running DHCP on that machine, but the DHCP request, wich the computer during the start makes worries me.
I have a fixed IP-Adress for my local network here set to that card, but any time on start up the computer tries to get DHCP-Information for himself from out of the local net. After reboot I start ifconfig and then the network is running with the specified values.
What do I have to do, to become those fixed values every time during reboot to run?
I don't really undestand the question, but try to figure it out. I assume this is hd installation.
1) If you don't want dhcp to try get an ip for you, try append cheat codes = nodhcp onto /etc/lilo.conf. Don't forget to update lilo by running lilo afterward.
2) If your IP resetting everytime you boot and your static ip don't stick, there is two way you can solve the problem.
a) Edit your /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig:
comment out line that reads: pump -i $DEVICE >/dev/null 2>&1 &
and add line : /etc/init.d/networking restart
or
b) You can create a script consist of this lines:
#!/bin/sh
ifconfig eth0 down
/etc/init.d/networking stop
rmmod *xxx
insmod *xxx *xxx= your network card module
ifconfig eth0 up
/etc/init.d/networking start
name it to what ever you wan't ex: mynet.sh and save it in /etc/init.d
and run update-rc.d mynet.sh defaults so it can run on boot. To remove , run update-rc.d -f mynet.sh remove .
3) If you not using gateway, remove it from your /etc/network/interfaces
Might or might not work. Use at your own risk.![]()
![]()

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
SK Hynix 32GB 4RX4 PC3L-10600R RDIMM Server Memory RAM HMT84GR7BMR4A-H9 Lot of 8
$269.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Lot of 3 Micron 16GB DDR4-2400 PC4-19200E 2Rx8 ECC UDIMM MTA18ASF2G72AZ
$215.00
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50