Some shortcuts might have just changed location, like Control Center is now directly under K-menu. Most stuff should be under the Debian menu item. Have you ran update-menus as user?
I was running KPackage on the weekend updating my system and upgrade kde to 3.3 and all of a sudden I noticed on my KMenu->System folder that about 60% of the items listed were now gone and on my KMenu->Internet folder many were gone as well including Mozilla. (I wish I could live w/o mozilla but how else to access gmail :P )
Anyone else have packages dissappear like this before?
Some shortcuts might have just changed location, like Control Center is now directly under K-menu. Most stuff should be under the Debian menu item. Have you ran update-menus as user?
The packages have actually been physically removed...many of them. And it wasn't me and it wasn't any little green men.
mozilla, gimp and a bunch of other packages I dont use much were removed.
The only tools i had been using that day were kpackage and apt-get update/upgrade.
Very very odd.
Odd indeed. Are you sure you didn't see any lines during the upgrade saying "The following packages will be REMOVED"?

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00