-
Absolute newbie needs help
Like many I decided to try knoppix because I could run it off a CD and get my feet wet in Linux easily.
I downloaded the 3.4 ISO and burned an image to CD.
It boots into knoppix and I get a whole screen full of stuff it is doing/loading (video/sound etc.) UNTIL I get to the line saying "Scanning for Harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab/..._" and then it just sits there. I waited at least 5 minutes 3 times and it just hangs there never progressing any farther.
I know nothing about knoppix and have no idea how to troubleshoot it.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Type in the bootscreen 'knoppix nodma' and hit enter. If that does'nt help try 'knoppix noapic' or 'knoppix failsave'.
http://www.eleli.de/knoppix/docs/tut...t_details.html
-
Thanks. I finally got it to work by using the knoppix26 command at the boot: prompt. Why it works using the 2.6 kernel and not the 2.4 kernel I have no idea.
Similar Threads
-
By tofergregg in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 03:31 AM
-
By trav618 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By translator in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 08:29 PM
-
By dichiam120 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99