-
Junior Member
registered user
best method(s) for performing a package removal
Hello,
I want to know if someone can recommend a "best" method for removing apps off the system. It seems that whenever I remove and app using apt-get under V3.3 the system becomes too smart and performs upgrades on apps I don't want it to perform upgrades. This is causing the system to get unnecessarily large. Also, it adds some apps I don't want. I have used
apt-get remove with no-upgrade option, but if something is being removed and is a dependency for something else, it doesn't remove it. I have found out that if I don't update resolv.conf on a "new remastered" area, then I can forefully get removals to work, but chancing problems later. I want to know if I can use
apt-get remove
to perform the removals without upgrading any apps.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Metzelplik
Similar Threads
-
By Sw@ppa in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 12:40 PM
-
By HitmanKB in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 03:37 AM
-
By Drezliok in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 07:39 AM
-
By kayl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 05:23 AM
-
By William_Olbrys in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 08:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

Juniper EX4300-48T-AFO 48-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Switch+ Dual PSU w/EX-UM-4X4SFP
$49.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB
$285.00