-
Junior Member
registered user
best method(s) for performing a package removal
Hello,
I want to know if someone can recommend a "best" method for removing apps off the system. It seems that whenever I remove and app using apt-get under V3.3 the system becomes too smart and performs upgrades on apps I don't want it to perform upgrades. This is causing the system to get unnecessarily large. Also, it adds some apps I don't want. I have used
apt-get remove with no-upgrade option, but if something is being removed and is a dependency for something else, it doesn't remove it. I have found out that if I don't update resolv.conf on a "new remastered" area, then I can forefully get removals to work, but chancing problems later. I want to know if I can use
apt-get remove
to perform the removals without upgrading any apps.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Metzelplik
Similar Threads
-
By Sw@ppa in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 12:40 PM
-
By HitmanKB in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 03:37 AM
-
By Drezliok in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 07:39 AM
-
By kayl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 05:23 AM
-
By William_Olbrys in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 08:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L380 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$199.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14are05 14" Ryzen 7 4700U 2.0GHz 8GB RAM 256GB
$175.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36