nice idea, but "noscsi" does not help for the case of Dell desktop; still hangs looking for cdrom. "nodma" works, but I don't know why.Originally Posted by bfree
Your Webcam probably has a microphone and that effectively makes it a sound device. If loaded before your Audigy 2, it will be the first available sound device and that's what's used by default. BTW: Does the Audigy 2 have Linux drivers at all? If there are none, even the best autodetection script won't be able to load drivers for it.Originally Posted by Neo-Rio
My question: Does Knoppix 3.6 finally have the LVM2 userland utilities?
nice idea, but "noscsi" does not help for the case of Dell desktop; still hangs looking for cdrom. "nodma" works, but I don't know why.Originally Posted by bfree
Replying to myself: Not only does 3.6 not have LVM2, even the LVM1 utilities are now missing! (At least on my Knoppix CD I couldn't run vgscan)Originally Posted by Steltek
Originally Posted by Neo-Rio
Hello Neo-Rio,
Maybe your soundcard is available at /dev/dsp2 (a hint
by Mr Knopper himself some time ago). (Or, if I remember it
wrong, maybe /dev/dsp1?).
I was experiencing the same problems with a Philips webcam
with a build-in USB microphone, but I haven't plugged in
the camera recently because it is broken.
But I find this annoying too, for many programs asume the
soundcard is /dev/dsp.
Maybe you could plug the camera in after loading Knoppix.
But maybe some things need to be configured at startup time?
I've tried to download 3.6-2004-08-16 several different times over multiple days from different servers, but the it always sputters out and quits about half way through. Is anyone else having this problem?
jjjrrr3,
What download method do you use? FTP or HTTP?
I had no success at all trying to download Knoppix 3.2 via HTTP, so I gave up on it and used FTP.
The FTP server I download from is raven.cslab.vt.edu - the Computer Science Lab at Virginia Tech in the US.
On dialup, it took me the best part of 10 days to download Knoppix v3.6 r2004-08-16 with multiple stops and download restarts.
Jenifur Charne
Sir,
I tried your program. I found difficult in your program for remastering the Knoppix CD. So pls give the detail step by step procedure for doing the same. I m trying this in KNOPPIX 3.6 and i m using your program 3.6. So pls reply me as early as possible.
With regards,
Chandy
I wonder if anyone has successfully installed VMWare with Knoppix 3.6.
I tried and firstly the install program didn't like the version of gcc and secondly, even though I downloaded the 2.6.7 kernel sources it rejected them as not being the sources for my kernel....
Any ideas, thanks,
Tim
delete
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I have installed Knoppix on my hard disk and am running it "natively" - what I want to do is to install VMWare on Knoppix so that I can run the occasional windows program without having to dualboot.
Tim

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable
$155.00
Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box
$200.00
ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
Vintage 1980’s Atari CX77 Touch Tablet UNTESTED READ
$25.00