Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: looking to edit boot image

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    7

    looking to edit boot image

    as I understand it, to edit the contents of the boot.img you

    Code:
    mount -o loop boot.img /mountpoint
    but for me that returns
    • mount: you must specify the filesystem type


    now, when using the loop option I've never had to specify a type before and I think I've tried ever -t parameter there is. or maybe I haven't.


    what am I missing?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Guadalajara, Espaņa (Spain)
    Posts
    2

    msdos filesystem

    the filesystem is msdos, so the code is:
    Code:
    mount -t msdos -o loop file.img /mountpoint
    Bye.
    SANTA. (Spain)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    7
    I realised soon after posting that I was lacking the msdos file system support in my kernel.


    there goes my supposed gentoo wisdom credability.

Similar Threads

  1. cannot boot off iso image
    By uber in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:59 AM
  2. HOW TO EDIT GRUB TO BOOT KNOPPIX 3.6..PLEASE HELP
    By Drool King in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 08:57 AM
  3. boot from HD via damnsmall boot image.
    By nicklaser in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 07:38 AM
  4. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
  5. Extract boot image from CD
    By BigMack in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72