Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: moved drive to raid card

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    39

    moved drive to raid card

    My knoppix was installed on the second drive of a two hard drive system. I use Boot Magic (from Partition Magic) to have a dual booting system. LILO always showed up after I chose the Linux boot, don't know why, but when the linux option was chosen, it booted into Linux. I moved the drive IDE cable to a 133 RAID card. Windows boots fine, but when I choose linux from Boot Magic, LILO shows up, when the linux option is chosen, the boot sequence starts, but then I get a "Panic" and it cannot mount the root.

    What do I have to do to fix this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I have run into a similar situation on both Linux & windows 2k. My guess is that the system can reach LILO and can also reach the kernel. However the kernel goes to mount the / partition and it fails to mount it because the driver for the 133raid card is on that / partition. I have been able to resolve this by compiling the 133raid card driver into the kernel as opposed to it being a loadable module.
    I hope this helps.
    James

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    39
    I am a bit of a newbie. How would I go about doing this?

Similar Threads

  1. Just Moved to Linux
    By annemail7 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 11:15 PM
  2. Ramdisk needed if HOME moved?... NOT answered
    By sunburnt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:22 AM
  3. PROMISE RAID drive is not detected
    By mbl in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 12:24 PM
  4. Home directory not moved per instructions
    By awreneau in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 08:48 PM
  5. Marillat moved again
    By Markus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$288.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS picture

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS

$49.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99