Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Windows XP and Administrator Documents

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8

    Windows XP and Administrator Documents

    I am trying to backup some of my documents before I reformat my hard-drive for a Knoppix HD install. My Win XP pro install is horribly corrupted, so I cannot access it like I usally would. I wish to salvage some of the files I have in my my documents folder (XP Pro OS under Administrator). I tried to acess the folder using my second OS (XP home), however windows denies me acess to the directory. I can view them fine using Knoppix, but I am aware that backing up data onto an NTFS partition causes data loss and some of the files are too big to be burnt onto CD's through Knoppix. Anyway my question is, Is there anyway to circumvent the block that windows has placed on XP Pro administrator documents and settings folders?.

    Thanks in advance

    Abishek

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8
    never mind, the answer to this can be found here if anyone is interested.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...308421&sd=tech

Similar Threads

  1. Administrator password
    By bsa2002 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 05:06 PM
  2. Administrator USers
    By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 10:16 AM
  3. Administrator Password?!
    By TGWDNGHN in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 03:33 AM
  4. Administrator Mode - what's the Password?
    By Plip in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 01:07 PM
  5. Administrator password
    By wcr3d in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 03:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 4.7 GHz - Socket AM5 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 4.7 GHz - Socket AM5

$375.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Advantech ARK-3500 Fanless Industrial PC i7-3610QE 8GB        picture

Advantech ARK-3500 Fanless Industrial PC i7-3610QE 8GB

$200.00



AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED picture

AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED

$300.00



Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151) picture

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)

$189.99



*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 4.7 GHz 100-100001084WOF picture

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 4.7 GHz 100-100001084WOF

$429.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor

$360.00



DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS picture

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS

$99.99



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00