Thats sounds really nice
Thx
First, I must say that, I am the author of ProShield, just so you know
I am a long-time user of Knoppix, and have used it many times to do hard drive installs. As we know, once you install knoppix to the hard drive, it "becomes" Debian (unless you choose one of those weird install options, where it doesn't).
I've been working on a Debian security program called ProShield, and I thought, "I should post about this to the knoppix forums!". ProShield is something I very much recommend people use, from newbies, to experienced knoppix/hdinstall users.
Here is the program's homepage: http://proshield.sf.net (there's a new version out today)
(From the homepage
ProShield is a security program for Debian Linux. It helps insure your system is secure and up-to-date by checking many different aspects of your system, including some that you might overlook. Regular use is recommended.
Some of the main features of ProShield include:
* Checks for extra root accounts.
* Checks account & password files for correct permissions.
* Makes sure a few security-hazardous packages are not installed.
* Checks for a packet sniffer.
* Removes unneeded packages from the local package archive.
* Checks for new software releases, in order to see if installed software is reasonably up to date. Smart-suggestion to upgrade if an important package is released.
* Checks to see if 'apt' is fetching unnecessary information when checking for software updates.
* Makes sure system time is accurate.
When the program is done analyzing your system, it displays an "advisory report", and then (if necessary), guides you through a series of interactive questions to help you solve any problems it found.
Thats sounds really nice
Thx

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
Lot of 2 Cisco ASA 5516-X Firepower Firewall Security Appliances TEST TO POWER
$119.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$69.99
$140.00
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99