it says you have to be root, type sudo su and thenyou mght have to create /mnt/sda1 directoryCode:mount -t filesystem /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
Can I mount USB disk in knoppix terminal?
I'm trying to open Hard Disc (sda) /mnt/sda using Konqueror
The message below popped up:
=======================================
Error - kio_devices_mountehelper <2>
mount: must be superuser to use mount
Please check that the disk is entered correctly.
===========================================
Floppy & CD ROM is working well in knoppix terminal, hoping USB disc can be automounted too.
Find out internet access in knoppix is comparable slower than my SuSE installation in harddisk, probably i i've my cached DNS enabled.
I had try to run the whole knoppix 3.4 in RAM, the application performance is superb!!! but knoppix terminal fails to load the image.
I'm trying to run knoppix 3.6 in RAM now, hoping to see it works. Or anybody can tell me any other knoppix variance can run the whole knoppix in RAM & the terminal server works?
Thanks.
it says you have to be root, type sudo su and thenyou mght have to create /mnt/sda1 directoryCode:mount -t filesystem /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
Thanks for the info, I've tried that in the knoppix terminal client, but it is not working.
below is thecommand & the message
command: sudo su
message: Sorry, sudo must be setuid root.
if I've left out anything, please help..
I've tried out Knoppix 3.6 running into RAM as a terminal server. It happens to be the same result as in Knoppix 3.4. It fails to mount the server CD-ROM.
Wish that there is a way to make this work.
I have the very same problem with Knoppix 3.8.1: if start the Knoppix Terminal Server on one host and PXE boot another host from it, I cannot get a root shell on the client, since sudo doesn't work, I get the same error message.Originally Posted by hhlee
Did you find any fix for it?
Thanks.

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$699.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99
Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99
LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99
IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D
$219.99
VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99