-
tohd problem
Hey people, I'm sorry if I am asking a lot of questions, but I am just really new to this Linux thing. Anyway, I tried doing a "poor man's install" by typing this at the boot prompt:
knoppix home=scan myconfig=scan tohd=/dev/hda5
I have already setup a PH and I know that one of the partitions of my HD is on hda5. But when I enter this and press return at the boot prompt, it just goes to a blank screen. It's usually blank then a penguin will come out and everything will start to load right? But what happens in my case is that it doesn't reach the point of showing the penguin. It just hangs right there at the blank screen.
Any help would deeply be appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Similar Threads
-
By tmj0nes99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 07:16 PM
-
By Mercury 4063 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 09:52 PM
-
By siddharth in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 09:01 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 05:50 AM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 (NP730QED-KA1US) **Broken Screen/For Parts**
$225.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77