Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Help! Can i create a bootable USB disk?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2

    Help! Can i create a bootable USB disk?

    Help! Can i create a bootable USB disk?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    Yes, but whether your computer is able to boot from usb is a different question.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2
    can i create a knoppix3.6 usb boot disk
    instead of two knoppix floppy boot disk

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    I posed this question a while back, and got some interesting replies that I haven't been able (due to time constraints) to make work for me. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=53163#53163 Version 3.4 and later apparently uses a bootloader, so the old methods posted don't work, as far as I can tell. I also read that there was a bug in the script to make boot diskettes with 3.4, and I don't know if this was addressed with 3.6 or not.

    One of the reasons I abandoned this was that if you read down the topic, ruymbeke suggested a method for booting from a Windows partition, as did Dr PC Tunes http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=56123#56123, and most recently, eco2geek http://www.knoppix.net/forum/templat...n_minipost.gif . Frankly, I found these options more interesting and potentially useful, so I doubt that I will explore the USB any further. But maybe you'll find some of this useful.

    jd

Similar Threads

  1. how to create bootable CD under knoppix 3.7?
    By ddrex in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 04:29 PM
  2. How can I create files on hard disk
    By nji78 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:53 PM
  3. Create a bootable knoppix on a 1 gig thumbdrive
    By Kethean in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:44 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 11:50 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF picture

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF

$215.00



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



AS IS Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF picture

AS IS Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF

$410.00