Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knoppix Based 200mb Distro?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262

    Knoppix Based 200mb Distro?

    I know I can remaster but at the moment I don't have the time. So please somebody recommend a knoppix based distro which would fit on a 200 mb cd.It has to have kde on it. Slax not included please.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Try Morphix. Don't know if it can get down to 200 MB but they are attempting to create a 'modular' distro based on Knoppix.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    I do have morphix game on cd.Morphix is actually a very good concept and I am surprised it has not been very popular compared to other knoppix derivcatives like DSL or feather.
    The smallest version-lightgui won't fit on a 202 mb cd though.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8
    what do you need it for? I have one that is for a 210 mb, 24 min cd with kde, specially configured to run the Ruby programming language and it includes some books and docs for Ruby.
    It is based on 06-06-2003 so it is missing some of the new and very interesting stuff knoppix now does. That is because my toshiba notebook won' t boot with a later version.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    I got hold of some 23 minute cd and I just thought of using one for a minimal knoppix cd with kde.
    Perhaps I would try remastering later but I have to figure out what components of kde are required in order to bring it down to 202 mb.
    Any ideas?

Similar Threads

  1. New Debian based Distro
    By aay in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 12:59 AM
  2. [DISTRO] New distro Knoppix-Gentoo based (Gulp!)
    By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
  3. HELP wanted: Make Gnome-based Distro (Germany)
    By jfsebastian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 06:40 PM
  4. Web-based ICQ (ICQ2GO - Jawa based) with Knoppix
    By pilovis in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8 picture

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8

$170.99



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black  Y2k USA Made picture

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made

$85.00



Digital Equipment DEC RT101 PS/2 Vintage Keyboard Tested picture

Digital Equipment DEC RT101 PS/2 Vintage Keyboard Tested

$24.95



Vintage Digital Research Concurrent DOS 386 multi-user operating System software picture

Vintage Digital Research Concurrent DOS 386 multi-user operating System software

$100.00



Microsoft Windows 98 Keyboard Unused Condition New With Original Box Vintage picture

Microsoft Windows 98 Keyboard Unused Condition New With Original Box Vintage

$59.99



Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994 picture

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994

$119.99



ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts picture

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts

$44.89