Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: NVidia AGP from CD

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    55

    NVidia AGP from CD

    Not sure if anyone can help me.

    A long time ago, when I had a decent Internet connection, I installed Nvidia drivers for my AGP.

    I ran the script, the script pulled the necessary files from the nvidia website, and the graphics card was installed.

    No I have no usable internet connection and I have to drive around 100 miles to log on and download what files I think I'll need.

    It's a pain in the but to get home and find that the installation script still requires this or that.

    Is there no way of finding which files are needed by the script, cutting those to a CD and then pointing the script to the CD instead of the net?


    Many thanks,

    Dave Coventry

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Well, why don't you get a copy of one of Kano's nVidia scripts (from kanotix) and read it to see what files are used?

    Good Luck,
    AJG

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    55
    AJG,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I've tried to do as you suggest but after nearly six hundred miles of travelling, I am no nearer instralling my Nvidia AGP.

    When I download the files the script seems to find them incompatible and simply exits. "Please rerun this script".

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Rink
    I feel pity for you, because you have to travel so far just to get nvidia driver to work.
    Okay,
    What you need is:

    1) If you are using kernel 2.4.26, you only need latest nvidia driver because kernel source is included in knoppix. Look at /usr/src.
    Latest nvidia driver : http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/L...-6111-pkg1.run
    Boot into command line mode and run command:
    export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-2.95
    sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6111-pkg1.run


    Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 :

    Drivers Section
    Replace "nv" with "nvidia"

    Modules Section
    Remove or comment out lines including "dri" and "GLCore"
    Ensure there is a line with Load "glx"

    2) If you are using kernel 2.6.6:
    You need to download latest nvidia driver and kernel 2.6.6 source from:
    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kerne...-2.6.6.tar.bz2
    Then follow my instruction from this post:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...vidia&start=10
    Don't forget to edit your XF86Config-4.

    I would suggest you do 1) first , follow by 2). This way you will have both kernel running with nvidia.

    3) If you are using kernel 2.6.5:
    Your need is like above but slightly change in compiling.
    Follow this instruction:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ghlight=nvidia

    4) I don't think kano's script will work with knoppix because it's using different type of kernel and patch. Maybe I'm wrong, because I can't seem to get it to work with knoppix.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    I used Kano's script after knoppix-installer without a problem.

    Good Luck,
    AJG

Similar Threads

  1. Nvidia no X
    By swazi in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:15 AM
  2. 3.6 nvidia install
    By agendelman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 04:08 PM
  3. 3.2 Nvidia help
    By code_pupil in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 07:49 AM
  4. NVidia MX440
    By monkeyman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 03:49 PM
  5. nVIDIA
    By Nthline in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2003, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1 16GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2133P-RBB-11 Server Memory RAM picture

Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1 16GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2133P-RBB-11 Server Memory RAM

$70.00



Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s picture

Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s

$1199.99



Lot of 10 EDO 72pin Memory 2-8mb 6-16mb 2-32mb Various Brands picture

Lot of 10 EDO 72pin Memory 2-8mb 6-16mb 2-32mb Various Brands

$42.98



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack picture

Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack

$175.90



Micron MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2E1VI 64GB 3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory picture

Micron MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2E1VI 64GB 3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory

$450.00



2x SAMSUNG 32GB DDR4  2RX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY M393A4K40CB2-CVFC0 64GB TOTAL picture

2x SAMSUNG 32GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY M393A4K40CB2-CVFC0 64GB TOTAL

$300.00



RDIMM MICRON  DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks  5600 RAM picture

RDIMM MICRON DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks 5600 RAM

$449.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98