Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: no apm support in 3.6?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    2

    no apm support in 3.6?

    ...

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    2
    I'm replying to my own message.

    The command "apm" reports "No APM support in kernel" which is not enough information for one to determine how to *add* APM support.

    Anyway, I recompiled my kernel and it has APM support loaded as a module.

    in my lilo.conf I have this:
    append="apm=power-off"
    I've also tried
    append="apm=on"

    If I do an "insmod apm" or a "modprobe apm" then I can use APM until the next time I reboot. Next time I reboot, it says "No APM support in kernel" again.

    I've tried adding an "apm" line in /etc/modules, but it goes away after each reboot. Am I not supposed to edit this file directly?

    How do I make APM module STICK across reboots?

Similar Threads

  1. USB support
    By feniks in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 12:36 AM
  2. Better CJK support
    By Powindah in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 04:31 AM
  3. php with gd support
    By langhaarrocker in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 07:45 PM
  4. PHP - GD support
    By newiaqua in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 12:43 PM
  5. USB 2.0 Support?
    By Tom in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2003, 08:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$899.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00