I can see that Everybuddy has dissapeared from Knoppix 3.2.![]()
Is there any other way I can get access to my Yahoo Messenger buddies ?
Gaim doesn't seem to support Yahoo Messenger accounts.
Any suggestions ??
Thanks
I can see that Everybuddy has dissapeared from Knoppix 3.2.![]()
Is there any other way I can get access to my Yahoo Messenger buddies ?
Gaim doesn't seem to support Yahoo Messenger accounts.
Any suggestions ??
Thanks
you can get yahoo from the site go to mail.yahoo thne your address and click on the yahoo smile then it takes you to a im thingy and you can click to lauch java yahoo but its very slow but if anyone knows if everybuddy is going to be in knoppix future or somthign then plz let me know
and P.S gaim is just aol aim
You should be using Gaim 0.59.8 or greater - I don't know which version of Gaim your copy of Knoppix has - or for that matter, what version Knx3.2 has. Personally, I use the CVS build of Gaim (http://gaim.sf.net/cvs.php), but it shouldn't be included in Knoppix or any distro until 0.60 is officially released, and the date for that is still up in the air (we're still waiting for some things).
see i would use gaim but i dont have anyone on it i have all my friends on yahoo so i wanted the yahoo messenger on it but they took it out eveybuddy in Knoppix 3.2 beta 03-26-03 so i also wanted to know if i could so how install a downloaded yahoo or somthign like that
Um, perhaps you're missing my point...see this FAQ.
And a brief description of what Gaim is:
Gaim is a multi-protocol instant messaging client for Linux, BSD, MacOS X, and Windows. It is compatible with AIM (Oscar and TOC protocols), ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo, IRC, Jabber, Gadu-Gadu, and Zephyr networks.
Gaim users can log in to multiple accounts on multiple IM networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on AOL Instant Messenger, talking to a friend on Yahoo Messenger, and sitting in an IRC channel all at the same time.
Yahoo support is broken in GAIM, I heard it from multiple sources and I can't login myself, so I guess it won't work.Originally Posted by silvestrij
Let me quote myself from earlier. I said this for a reason. Yahoo code doesn't work in versions prior to 0.59.8, as Yahoo made a change that breaks all older clients. Yahoo's own Linux client doesn't even work. You should upgrade to either the latest stable Gaim (0.59.9) or CVS. I would also recommend reading the FAQ.
P.S. The program is called Gaim or gaim - other [capitalization] variants should be used for fun legal reasons.Originally Posted by silvestrij
Edit: Edited for increased clarity.
Added notes - from the Changelog:
version 0.59.8 (01/06/2003):
* Ripped out all gtk2 support (Thanks Nathan Walp).
* Fixed smiley related segfault (Thanks Robert McQueen)
* Yahoo! can connect again
As *always* in debian, Gaim 0.59.9 is still "unstable" so anyone who want to update:Originally Posted by silvestrij
Btw, does anyone know a general IM client that has a less clunky UI?Code:apt-get install gaim/unstable
Regarding a less clunky interface (or should I say a rather wonderful new interface), I'm happy to announce that Gaim 0.60^H1 has been released for public consumption now - I think Knoppix would benefit greatly by its inclusion. Gaim 0.60 is the GTK2 port of Gaim - it is the culmination of 10 months of work - though the version number might not make that clear. As always, the good stuff can be found at http://gaim.sf.net.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01