Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Making new users.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1

    Making new users.

    Now that I have knoppix on my compter, I need some help tweaking the user accounts and such. Well first, I probably wouldnt be here if I could use the graphical tool for this but it prompts for root password and I have no idea what the knoppix root password is... I gave the useradd command a try and didnt get too far for what I want to do. Ok this is basically what I need, 2 user accounts that have different desktops, so when you start the computer (debian partition) it will prompt you for which user you want to be as. Also how would I delete the "knoppix" user account.
    I'm a big time nub if it hasnt already shoen here lol, so any laymans help would be great!
    Thx, Slugworth

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Your root password is what you enter as administrator password, asked when you install knoppix.

    To add user, log as root and run this command : adduser
    To delete user : deluser <username>
    To change password: passwd

    Did kdm appear when you boot? It won't appear if you install using knoppix-style hdd instalL
    If there is no kdm, read my post:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...r=asc&start=10


Similar Threads

  1. rut roh...top says 3 users?
    By nishtya in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 08:08 PM
  2. Tip for Windows XP users
    By Lucia in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 12:11 AM
  3. Administrator USers
    By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 10:16 AM
  4. can't add new users
    By echelon in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 06:42 PM
  5. users
    By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 12:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$89.99



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99