Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Internet via the firm LAN with knoppix 3.4

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2

    Internet via the firm LAN with knoppix 3.4

    Hello from France.

    I know that there's a French forum for knoppix but as nobody seems to be able to help me I'm gonna ask my question here.

    First of all I have to tell you that I don't work in computers , I just use them to control some electronics parts I build. I'm in electronics. In the aim to use a embeded Via motherboard with linux and a Python program I've decided to learn how to use Linux and how to program with Python.

    So I've installed Knoppix 3.4 on my Hard Drive and I've configured the Ethernet Card with success (I think !). I can ping Ips of computers which are on ne network of my company.

    BUT !

    When I launch Mozilla or Konqueror It doesn't go on the web ! Why ? Is there anything else to configure ? I can Ping computers of the Company LAN but not URL like "ping www.gananca.com" for example

    Can anybody help me ?

    Thank you very much !

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    You configured your netcard, it prepared you for network. That's why you can ping you lan.
    To able to access www.xxx.xxx you need net access, you already knew that.
    If you accessing net through your lan, consider three things:
    1) DHCP, did you get your ip through DHCP server of your lan
    2) Gateway, the net access point of your lan
    3) DNS, your ISP nameserver

    1&2 : can be configured using netcardconfig or by editing /etc/network/interfaces
    3 : can be configured by editing /etc/resolv.conf

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by shah
    You configured your netcard, it prepared you for network. That's why you can ping you lan.
    It's OK now. It works !

    Thank You very much

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2005, 03:35 AM
  2. Knoppix can't get to the Internet
    By username11 in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 09:02 PM
  3. internet with knoppix
    By Julia in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 06:35 PM
  4. Internet With Knoppix
    By Julia in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 01:55 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



*LOT OF 4* 32GB SK Hynix HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM PC4-17000 2Rx4 picture

*LOT OF 4* 32GB SK Hynix HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM PC4-17000 2Rx4

$674.99



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$289.80



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00