-
tohd problem
Hey people, I'm sorry if I am asking a lot of questions, but I am just really new to this Linux thing. Anyway, I tried doing a "poor man's install" by typing this at the boot prompt:
knoppix home=scan myconfig=scan tohd=/dev/hda5
I have already setup a PH and I know that one of the partitions of my HD is on hda5. But when I enter this and press return at the boot prompt, it just goes to a blank screen. It's usually blank then a penguin will come out and everything will start to load right? But what happens in my case is that it doesn't reach the point of showing the penguin. It just hangs right there at the blank screen.
Any help would deeply be appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Similar Threads
-
By tmj0nes99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 07:16 PM
-
By Mercury 4063 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 09:52 PM
-
By siddharth in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 09:01 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 05:50 AM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$290.24

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99