-
Junior Member
registered user
Booting a remastered environment without compression
Hello,
I am fairly new to KNOPPIX, but understand the remastering thing to a degree. I am building a speciailized verion for speed. I have minimized the uncompressed OS down to ~300MB. I want to know if I can build the ISO image without compressing it. Reason being is that I want SPEED for the system to boot and for all apps loading when needed. Can anyone tell me how to setup the system for booting without forcing me to compress the entire file system into the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX image file?
Thanks and much apprecaite,
Metzelplik
Similar Threads
-
By raj1478 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 06:50 AM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 11:12 PM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 03:59 AM
-
By mehlng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:00 PM
-
By astormchaser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Compaq Contura 4/25c Laptop Computer With Power Adapter & Bag
$199.99

Vintage Microsoft Office 1.0 Apple Macintosh 1989 Big Box Software Sealed
$399.99

Vintage Microsoft Green-Eyed Mouse 1983 First Gen Bus connector Tested - Video
$350.00

Vintage Compaq SLT/386s/20 laptop Boots to DOS, power supply, CMOS dead working
$345.00

Apple IIc Vintage Computer System w/ Monitor, Printer, Disk Drive, Joystick
$350.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Microsoft FrontPage 97 and FrontPage 2002 Software Lot CD Manuals Set
$64.99