-
VGA controller detection: multiscreen >>SOLVED<<
Hi,
I have been customizing my own Knoppix CD, but in one thing I am failing: I want to have all my graphic adapters recognized and put together as Xinerama screens one "RightOf" the other.
I began with the problem to find the PCI addresses of the vga cards, and I found the following:
Code:
lspci -m|grep VGA|cut -b 1-7|sed -e s/\\./:/
But I don't really understand how Knoppix gets its XF86Config-4 file, where the information comes from and stuff. Could you explain to me how the X configuration system works and how I can change it to support multiple screen environments if more than one graphic card is installed?
Thanks in advance, Mathis
EDIT:
Just to clarify, I am trying to make a bootable Knoppix CD which can automatically discover one, two, three... graphic cards and configure them nicely with KDE to be right of the previous one.
I am aware of existing topics which seem to be about this problem, but it seems to me that some of them have a HD install of knoppix and the others have one graphic card with dual head support.
Similar Threads
-
By Poochie in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 09:49 AM
-
By GameManK in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 10:23 PM
-
By Sniffer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 06:17 PM
-
By Roemer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-28-2003, 02:51 PM
-
By Dohmann in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

G.Skill Trident Z Neo 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-3600 RAM F4-3600C18Q-128GTZN
$639.99

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

G. SKILL 32GB UDIMM 2400 MHz PC4-19200 DDR4 SDRAM Memory (F42400C15Q32GRK)
$150.00