Just curious about installing Knoppix 3.6 to the hard drive.
I had Knoppix 3.3 installed on a partition. To do this, I reformatted the partition in W2K with Partition Magic as ext2 (there is no option for ext3) and created a swap partition in a similar manner. This worked great and 3.3 has been wonderful. My issue with 3.3 is that my efforts to change screen resolution from teeny-tiny to 1024*768 never resulted in a change. It kills my eyes. 3.6 allows for easy changing of this. And it never seemed to mount my internal zip drive. So onto 3.6...
I repeated this to install 3.6 which I have on disk, and went to "install' it and it did very well up to where knoppix-install wants to format the partition as ext3 and then it bails on me. I get a green box mentioning some errors and some goobly gook about blocks or superbolocks. The screen turned black and at the bottom it tells me I don't have permission and the disk is read only. I fiddled around with it for a while. I even went into Partition Magic and wiped the 3.3 installation but formatting it as ext2. I made sure it would mounted in KDE, with it set to read and write before going to ctrl-alt-F1 and doing the knoppix-install at the #
This issue did not happen with 3.3. I reinstalled it just to see if there was a disk problem and the only thing I changed from the original install is that instead I formatted it to ext3 instead of ext2. The whole installation worked correctly so I believe my disk to be fine.
Can I install Knoppix 3.6 now that 3.3 is on the ext3 formatted partition just by formatting/writing over it now that it is in ext3? Or, can I upgrade the 3.3 from root as a su using apt-get (upgrade or update) and avoid all of this silliness?
I am a newbie, but just think Linux Knoppix rocks as long as I am in KDE, otherwise is not user intuitive so much and seems more like dos, (which I know!), so anyone who helps will need to be from the standpoint of someone talking to a smart 12 year old about algebra.

Commodore Amiga 1010 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive 880K WORKS GREAT
$179.00
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00