-
Senior Member
registered user
KNX 3.6 8-16-04 / Poor Human Being's Boot
anyone got this working? keeps dumping me out to the limited shell stating " a filesystem couldn't be found. had it working just fine with 3.4
i even did a "tohd=/dev/hda2" and tried to reboot with a "fromhd=/dev/hda2" but to no avail. *sigh*
regards,
~pau1
-
Senior Member
registered user
It did for me, but there was one issue. One thing I found was that when I made the 3.6 image, Knoppix had reset the hd partition containing the image to read only, which isn't surprising really, but I did have to deal with it. I did have one problem, in that 3.6 would not let me unmount the partition containing my PH and image, I guess for the same reason it won't let you eject a CD when running live CD. Problem is, I generally have to unmount and remount before the writable thing "takes". I'm still working on that (just d'led late last night, you know), and I'll probably wind up redoing the poorman's by making the drive writable from CD, unmounting, remounting, reinstalling PH, rebooting, THEN making the new image with tohd.
jd
-
Senior Member
registered user
jd, how did you install poor man? manually or using the "knoppix tohd" cheat code? I will try again tonight.
~pau1
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
JD,
Cleared off partition and tried it again, works fine now using the tohd/fromhd cheatcodes. Partition must have been buggered up. Couldn't be operator error... or could it? 
thnx
~pau1
Similar Threads
-
By spunti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 06:01 PM
-
By prehis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 04:44 AM
-
By j.drake in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 07:51 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 09:41 PM
-
By morder in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$155.00

Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11
$489.92

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99