Hi.
I have knoppix installed on my harddisk. No I'm going to buy a new pc with new harddisk.
May I move the whole knoppix intstallation to the new disk? Because I don't want to install all programs again.
THX 4 help.
Hi.
I have knoppix installed on my harddisk. No I'm going to buy a new pc with new harddisk.
May I move the whole knoppix intstallation to the new disk? Because I don't want to install all programs again.
THX 4 help.
Yes. Use partimage to make an image of your knoppix partition. Then use partimage again to restore it onto your new harddrive. Just remember that the partition you restore to must be at least as big as the partition you imaged. Also if you can use the same partitioning scheme on the new drive it will save some headaches. Partimage is on the knoppix cd btw.
you could most likely boot a cd from both computers, make partitio/s on new disk .
now use scp sftp... OR fish in konqueror to transfer it over network.
another possible way is to usebetween disks on same computer.. just boot with cd (after first puting new where the old one was on that computer and the old one where you have room for it).Code:cp -a
now partition new disk, making certain to have all partition/s meant
for linux with same number/s , if otherwise you must edit /etc/fstab accordingly later.
Now make filesystem on the new disk (format it in redmondspeak).
lastly mount both disks and dowhen finished just chroot to newdiskCode:cp -a /searchpath/to/old-disk /searchpath/to/new-disk
run lilo and reboot.Code:chroot /mount/point/of/newdisk
THX 4 help. THX

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-12400 CPU 2.50GHz 6-Core 12-thread SRL5Y LGA 1700
$121.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00