name of installer has changed...knoppix-installer or knx2hd will both work I believe
Hey Folks!
ive just burned my new Knoppix 3.6... but i cant install it on my HD like Knoppix 3.4. There is no /usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall
available. Is it possible to install knoppix 3.6 on my hd??
thanx
name of installer has changed...knoppix-installer or knx2hd will both work I believe
Just did knx2hd in root.
Took off like a charm.
If you have your internet connection up then "knoppix-installer-latest-web" will download the latest installer script and run it.
"There is no /usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall available."
I thought that was already gone in 3.4. At least I couldn't get it to run. (And yes, knoppix-installer worked perfectly.) But since I found that the new installer didn't work without X and at least part of KDE, I have been hanging onto 3.3 for a project where I want to run the installer from a command line.
And another advantage of the 3.6 is that it uses the current version of KDE. With 3.4 using KDE 3.22, I found it difficult to get an extra package installed. I only found .DEBs for 2.22 and 3.32--and had to download them and use dpkg to install them. (The package for 2.22 didn't work, but the one for 3.32 did. Though it complained about dependencies on install) I was able to install the same package on 3.6 with apt-get.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$509.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99