-
Knoppix 3.4 mouse not working
When I boot the knoppix cd my mouse is frozen. I have a ps/2 optical mouse from memorex that worked fine with Mandrake 10 and Red Hat 9. I can tab through fields to exit in Knoppix. I also tried a serial mouse but had the same results. I don't have a usb mouse or I'd try that too.
The odd thing is that knoppix runs really well on another PC I have at the moment an HP Pavillion 983T - which didn't play well with Mandrake and froze up at the start of X.
-
mouse
Check this out:
Configuring the mouse:
mouseconfig
but better use the XF86Config-4 in /etc/X11
Search for Mouses and thier section.
try to change the protocol to IMPS/2 or so ...
Info:
Linux Busmouse howto:
http://www.yolinux.com/HOWTO/Busmouse-HOWTO.html
Very good - Linux on Laptop HOWTO:
http://www.redhat.com/mirrors/LDP/HO...O-6.html#ss6.6
Similar Threads
-
By dmulcihy in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 06:41 AM
-
By dek in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:02 PM
-
By Joninator in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2003, 06:30 PM
-
By cyber_tim64 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 07:09 AM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 04:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$32.99