-
Problems runing Java j2sdk under Knoppix 3.3
Hi All
I've using Knoppix 3.3 on Harddisk and I've installed java j2sdk1.4.2_05.
While invoking the compiler javac the folowing error message comes up:
Error Occured during Initialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
invoke: javac test.java
I've already set the Path Variable:
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/bin
The man pages are running correctly.
Would be nice if someone has a hint.
Thanx Norbert
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix used to come with BlackDown 1.4.1. Make sure the JDK you installed appears first on your PATH, so it's that version of java that's invoked. Simply type "java -version"'
-
I've already set it at the beginning of the PATH Variable. Is there a dependencie of the Shell I use?
-
Senior Member
registered user
When are you seeing the error message: when compliling or when trying to execute your compiled test program?
Also have you defined the JAVA_HOME environment variable?
-
See this message usig the compiler and the same message when try to get the version (java -version)
My Configuration in the /etc/profile file:
JAVA_BINDIR=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/bin
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05
JDK_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05
PATH="/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/games"
export JAVA_BINDIR
export JAVA_HOME
export JDK_HOME
export PATH
-
Senior Member
registered user
It all looks fine to me; what does "type java" report? And you did re-logon after editing /etc/profile, didn't you? Also, root might be overrinding the PATH setting for security reason. so try with another account.
-
type java gets the following:
java is /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/bin/java
I've tried with a normal User account, the same result
-
Senior Member
registered user
Javac might previously have been aliased to gcc (unless the Sun javac is 1st on your PATH, which seems to be the case...). Please confirm with "type javac"
Do you have CLASSPATH defined by any chance, which might interfere. Other than that, I am running out of ideas; sorry.
-
Hi Norbert:
I haven't been able to run the installed sdk in my knoppix 3.3, but I intalled the sun jre successfully.
You have to edit your /etc/profile and I think the most important change a sinbolic link in /usr/bin
Code:
#cd /usr
#ln -f -s usr/j2re1.4/bin/java java
#java -version
After doing this I can run eclipse and other java aplications.
-
I tried now a different installmod (-localinstall) for the source *.bin file from sun.com
invoke:
./j2sdk-1_4_2_05-linux-i586.bin -localinstall
After installing this way I updated the profile and now it works.
At first I unziped the *. rpm file, converted to a *.deb file to installed it by alien
Thanx
Norbert
Similar Threads
-
By ddfire in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 05:05 AM
-
By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 06:55 PM
-
By sjlinux in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 11:59 AM
-
By phoneutria in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 08:58 PM
-
By danieltaranta in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 03:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99