-
Minor Text File Problem, Transfer file in ASCII
I have knoppix set up on another computer.
My problem is when I transfer text file from knoppix to my wondows computer it get messed up when I view it on my windows machine. It puts a Square symbol where there should be a new line.
I think it has something to do with the file being transferred over FTP in binary mode. But I dont know how to transfer it using ASCII mode. I think here is some information to my problem. http://kb.iu.edu/data/agiz.html and http://www.websiterepairguy.com/articles/os/crlf.html
Is there a way I can convert the text file on my windows machine to it's original format with some software or anything? Or is there an FTP client for Linux that I can use to allow ASCII transfer mode? At the moment I am just using the konquerer web browser to access my FTP.
Thanks
Jeremy
-
Ok I found a quick fix to my problem with this program http://www.thefreecountry.com/tofrodos/ but if anyone else has any other ideas I will really appreciate it.
Thanks
Jeremy
Similar Threads
-
By w0lfie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
-
By Xiaron in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2007, 01:34 AM
-
By Casshern in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-12-2005, 07:07 AM
-
By astump in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-19-2005, 01:34 AM
-
By Level7 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00