Quote Originally Posted by rrfish72
Not sure about the deluser thing yet. Do I deluser knoppix root when I'm in root? Don't quite understand the group and user thing. What is that setting? Permissions.
You do it as root, but if you're unsure of it, use kuser for it as it's a risky thing to use. Different groups have different access rights and permissions, also a users access rights depends on which groups he belongs to, root always has access to everything. Therefore a user shouldn't be part of the root group.

After it is mounted:

root@0[zip]# ll /mnt/zip
total 4
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 4079 Feb 15 1995 readme.txt
If that's all there is on it, you just managed to access it. Now you can start adding the line to fstab.

I added ithe modprobe imm to that boot.sh file here:

# Save kernel messages in /var/log/dmesg
#
dmesg > /var/log/dmesg
# This was added by Ryan
modprob imm
Is this correct
AFAICT thats correct once you've changed the modprob to modprobe ("e" missing), you could also try doing insmod usb-storage while it seems to be needed, and hopefully it's loaded after a reboot, check with lsmod.