-
Adding a mouse driver to a remastered version
Adding a mouse driver to a remastered version of Knoppix
I initially decided to do a re-master of Knoppix because of a mouse driver problem I was having when booting Knoppix in a VMware session (see below for details).
I've successfully made a few remasters (just minor changes really), and now I'm researching how I can include a mouse driver that allows the mouse to function at full speed (vmmouse_drv.o).
I've looked through mkxf86config & knoppix-autoconfig, but I'm stuck with where & how to "insert" this driver. I would ideally not hack what ever setups X, but rather somehow get this driver in as a "recognized" driver (so that Knoppix will see that when I'm running a mouse under VMware, it should use this driver).
Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction!
Thanks,
Dennis
original post on VMware's forum regarding this issue
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Has anyone been experiencing problems with an extremely slow mouse using Knoppix in a VMware session (as a bootable environment vs. hard disk install)?
While this is a non-supported VMware guest, this seems to be a recent problem (at least for me), and I'm trying to track it down (and hopefully fix it). Mouse movement seemed fine in previous versions of VMWare (pre-v4.5.x), so I'm not certain if this is an issue with the v4.5.x versions, or something I'm doing wrong. I'm seeing this on 2 VMware installs (both running under Debian).
I've tried both autodetect & PS/2 for the "Host Mouse Type" setting, and Connection types of Autodetect, /dev/mouse & /dev/psaux (no apparent difference in regards to this issue).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Similar Threads
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
-
By smolz in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 04:32 AM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 08:27 AM
-
By pankepasa in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2003, 02:58 AM
-
By john.morris in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Mo487 In Black
$300.00

Vintage Apple AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone MC745LL/A COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00

Vintage Apple III Joystick Cursor III - A3M0010
$99.00

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00