U must mount the drive that u want to chroot with
mount -rw /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
changing hda1 with your specific devices
good luck
Whenever I chroot into my remaster, I get the following:
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
and so on.
I've tried doing a chmod 777 /dev/null, I've tried doing chgrp and chown root /dev/null, and I still get the same error. I searched Google for solutions, but their problems were all fixed after a chmod 777, whereas mine still persists.
I can delete /dev/null and it regenerates one and works, but then the remaster fails to work when installed onto the HD, and the regenerated /dev/null is quite odd - it's not even a device file. Any thoughts?
U must mount the drive that u want to chroot with
mount -rw /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
changing hda1 with your specific devices
good luck
The drive's already mounted rw, and before you ask, I'm root.
Hi, if you speak french you might read this, because i had the same problem and did resolv it : http://www.lea-linux.org/pho/read.php?f=16&i=476&t=476
If you don't understand french, or where is the solution of your problem, just ask. =)
Well, I understood it (almost), but where does it talk about /dev/null? It gives a guide to installation of Mandrake and use of Morphix, doesn't it?
One of the remastering procedures I read says about /dev/null permission errors to do this:
mount -o remount,rw,nosuid -t ext2 /dev/hdaN /mnt/hdaN
in knoppix, if you mount /mnt/hdx, it is by default mouted with the nodev option, so /dev/null won't work there. Before chrooting, you should do mount -oremount,dev /mnt/hdxy

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26
OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00