-
/dev/null permission errors
Whenever I chroot into my remaster, I get the following:
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
and so on.
I've tried doing a chmod 777 /dev/null, I've tried doing chgrp and chown root /dev/null, and I still get the same error. I searched Google for solutions, but their problems were all fixed after a chmod 777, whereas mine still persists.
I can delete /dev/null and it regenerates one and works, but then the remaster fails to work when installed onto the HD, and the regenerated /dev/null is quite odd - it's not even a device file. Any thoughts?
Similar Threads
-
By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By wildcat in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 02:27 AM
-
By ocilent1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-30-2003, 12:53 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 12:00 PM
-
By doelle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM
$17.99

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015
$26.98

apple oem cube 5w charger
$6.99

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D
$339.99