-
cd size for knoppix bootable
I have a downloaded iso image of 733Mo.
I use easy cd creator (ROXIO) to burn the cd.
I have cds of 700Mo size.
I succeed in burning a cd from the image but it is is not bootable.
If I introduce the parameters to obtain a bootable cd, Easy CD creator dont accept the cd (too small).
what could I do?
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
One Mb is (1024*1024) bytes, so 733000000/1024/1024 is under 700...
You should always check the MD5 checksum after downloading anyway (k3b does it by default). You don't have to start a new CD layout / project / whatever your burning SW calls it, but simply burn the downloaded cd ISO image as is (menu File/Burn Image with Nero). Once your cd boots you can also start "knoppix testcd" to have some self-test run.
Similar Threads
-
By GerryA in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 05:11 PM
-
By woodrow in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:50 AM
-
By blahman420 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-28-2003, 06:42 PM
-
By hnt in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 09:36 AM
-
By yohanman in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$179.99