-
Junior Member
registered user
[Newbie] LinNeighborhood - how to make it work?
Hello,
Here is what I'm trying to accomplish. I have a server running Mandrake Linux 10.0 Official. There is Samba installed on it, and it's configured to share user's HOME directories (actually,there is only one user "dmpop"). What I'm trying to do is to connect from my laptop running Knoppix 3.6 to this share using LinNeighborhood. I added a new a new machine and access it using scan as user command ("dmpop" + password). However, when I try to mount the dmpop share I get the following error message:
SMB connection failed
Connection to LOCALHOST (the name of my server) failed
Any ideas? Maybe there is an other (better) way of doing things?
Thank you!
Kind regards,
Dmitri
Similar Threads
-
By jccorea in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:13 AM
-
By Juste in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 09:51 AM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 05:50 AM
-
By simulant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
-
By three eyes open in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

SAMSUNG 256GB SSD PM871b
$25.00

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$53.99

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45