-
Senior Member
registered user
Kernel Source for Knoppix CD's
I am really loving the Knoppix distro(s) after they are installed on my local drive. I was always a little fearful of trying a debian install, but with Knoppix, there's no fear of flying 
I am now trying to compile a piece of software and ./configure states that it needs the kernel sources. A unname -a shows that I have the 2.4.20-xfs version of the kernel. If I do an apt-get install for kernel-source-2.4.20-xfs, it says no such package. I installed kernel-source-2.4.20 (close enough, right
but now it says it can't continue without the complete kernel source.
I am currently downloading 3.2, so if you could tell me a method of obtaining this for 3.1 as well as 3.2, it would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
~paul
Similar Threads
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-02-2006, 03:41 PM
-
By EdeS in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:13 AM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 10:19 PM
-
By astormchaser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 10:16 PM
-
By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Lenovo ThinkStation P520 Intel Xeon W-2245 8-Core 3.90GHz - NO RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$359.98

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00