--You will 1) need enough space for the entire kernel source (100 Meg or so), and 2) have to DL and decompress the source for 2.4.20 from here:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...2.4.20.tar.bz2

Quote Originally Posted by pau1knopp
I am really loving the Knoppix distro(s) after they are installed on my local drive. I was always a little fearful of trying a debian install, but with Knoppix, there's no fear of flying

I am now trying to compile a piece of software and ./configure states that it needs the kernel sources. A unname -a shows that I have the 2.4.20-xfs version of the kernel. If I do an apt-get install for kernel-source-2.4.20-xfs, it says no such package. I installed kernel-source-2.4.20 (close enough, right but now it says it can't continue without the complete kernel source.

I am currently downloading 3.2, so if you could tell me a method of obtaining this for 3.1 as well as 3.2, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

~paul