knoppix is set to default to 1024X768 so I think we can rule the resolution out. When it is booting, does it properly recognize your graphics card? if not what does it say it's going to use for video?
And when I finally get into the GUI the screen is all scrambled. My monitor only supports up to 1024x768 PLEASE HELP ME
knoppix is set to default to 1024X768 so I think we can rule the resolution out. When it is booting, does it properly recognize your graphics card? if not what does it say it's going to use for video?
yes it finds it fine. I ran the refresh to 60 hz and it worked out fine.
would this os be a viable alternative to windows XP??
for me it is, for you... only you can know.
I've got Knoppix HD-installed as only OS on one pc(to work with, surfing, emailing,etc, and as a dual boot on the pc used with other members of the family(it's a newer one and I also want to play Enemy Teritorry on Linux, and i've got one pc with mswinxp used as multimedia thing to watch DVD's which i've got problems with in Linux. On thing is for certain: you have to look better when you buy new hardware. My scanner is not supported, so I still need windows for that. I've got an aiptek webcam en fujifilm photo shooter: to get my pictures is no problem, but the webcam functions are not possible(I don't really need that, so not an argument to me.) I bought a new adsl modem-router-firewall-printer server...That was a good thing. So, you see: you have to check out for yourself...have lots of funOriginally Posted by marcmdm

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25" Floppy Disk Lot of 9 Single Sided Used
$49.99
Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
HP 5060-8359 8K solid state semiconducter memory HP 2100/1000 Vintage 1974
$135.36
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72