Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 3.3

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Little rock
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.3

    I recently got a copy of knoppix 3.3 and this guy said it would work on my computer but when it boots up the desktop screen is all scrambeled and i can not do anything with it.I also have the boot disk.

    I read it needs a I486 pentium or better, I have a :

    Intel celeron 1.7ghz my computer info say's

    X86 family 15 model 1 stepping 3

    I am running windows 98 is it not compatible with this sytem information I provided

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    have you tried the cheatcodes? they are listed if you press F3 when you see boot: at bottom of screen. read more here.
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
    hope it helps you some. i have tried Knoppix on several diferent systems, ranging from 486'es to P4 3.2Ghz and AMD XP3200 systems, memmory from 32Mb to 2Gb so it should work.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    80
    It sounds like when it boots it is not finding the correct diver for your video card and I bet it loads the vesa driver and it is not working properly. Post what kind of card you have and see if anyone knows how tell knoppix at boot to use the correct driver. I do not know how this is done but if I find something I will get back to you.

    In the meantime try at boot typing: knoppix vga=normal
    the resolution will suck but you can see if it works.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Little rock
    Posts
    2
    Hey thanks for the replys you all, and the video card i am using is a integreated card which is a prosavage s3 graphics card. but i had to use a driver form A amd motherboard driver disk because the one on my gigabit disk would not install.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper Network QFX5100-48S-AFO 48x SFP/SFP+ 6x 40GbE QSFP+ Switch w/ Dual power picture

Juniper Network QFX5100-48S-AFO 48x SFP/SFP+ 6x 40GbE QSFP+ Switch w/ Dual power

$223.20



Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch

$249.99



Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter picture

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter

$59.99



Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks

$124.99



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99