-
Vibrating display running at any resolution in X (Newbie).
I've recently been using knoppix on my P3 450 with a Voodoo 3 2000, and it works perfectly EXCEPT for the following problem:
The display appears constantly to be vibrating at any resolution. It's subtle and workable, but annoying.
Thanks for any help.
-- Will.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Vibrating display running at any resolution in X (Newbie
--Greetings, SmallFlyingHippo. That's got to be one of the best nicks I've ever seen 
--Have you tried the cheat code (F2 at boot prompt) that sets the refresh rate? (I think: ' knoppix xvrefresh=60 ' should work, altho some have had to go down to 50.) What monitor are you using?

Originally Posted by
SmallFlyingHippo
I've recently been using knoppix on my P3 450 with a Voodoo 3 2000, and it works perfectly EXCEPT for the following problem:
The display appears constantly to be vibrating at any resolution. It's subtle and workable, but annoying.
Thanks for any help.
-- Will.
-
Thanks.
I've tried the cheatcode with the refresh rate 60, but to no avail. I'm using a Gateway VX900 monitor.
I'll try it with 50. Any other ideas?
-
!
Alright, I've tried both.
Thanks. Any other ideas?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Check out this web page
http://support.gateway.com/s/MONITOR...z0083303.shtml
it has the supported modes for your monitor, I would try:
knoppix xrefresh=75
HTH
rock
-
hmmm, it reminds me that one time a network user was complaining about a vibrating screen... I went over and turned off their desk fan and the vibration stopped
Similar Threads
-
By nicorelli in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By lionSOB in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 07:52 PM
-
By 5thelephant in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 09:01 PM
-
By xbob in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 05:16 PM
-
By SmallFlyingHippo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 05:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

WD Purple Pro 10TB Surveillance Internal Hard Drive 3.5" SATA WD102PURP -
$270.00