-
Vibrating display running at any resolution in X (Newbie).
I've recently been using knoppix on my P3 450 with a Voodoo 3 2000, and it works perfectly EXCEPT for the following problem:
The display appears constantly to be vibrating at any resolution. It's subtle and workable, but annoying.
Thanks for any help.
-- Will.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Vibrating display running at any resolution in X (Newbie
--Greetings, SmallFlyingHippo. That's got to be one of the best nicks I've ever seen 
--Have you tried the cheat code (F2 at boot prompt) that sets the refresh rate? (I think: ' knoppix xvrefresh=60 ' should work, altho some have had to go down to 50.) What monitor are you using?

Originally Posted by
SmallFlyingHippo
I've recently been using knoppix on my P3 450 with a Voodoo 3 2000, and it works perfectly EXCEPT for the following problem:
The display appears constantly to be vibrating at any resolution. It's subtle and workable, but annoying.
Thanks for any help.
-- Will.
-
Thanks.
I've tried the cheatcode with the refresh rate 60, but to no avail. I'm using a Gateway VX900 monitor.
I'll try it with 50. Any other ideas?
-
!
Alright, I've tried both.
Thanks. Any other ideas?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Check out this web page
http://support.gateway.com/s/MONITOR...z0083303.shtml
it has the supported modes for your monitor, I would try:
knoppix xrefresh=75
HTH
rock
-
hmmm, it reminds me that one time a network user was complaining about a vibrating screen... I went over and turned off their desk fan and the vibration stopped
Similar Threads
-
By nicorelli in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By lionSOB in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 07:52 PM
-
By 5thelephant in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 09:01 PM
-
By xbob in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 05:16 PM
-
By SmallFlyingHippo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 05:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE
$399.00

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

Apple Vintage Rainbow Logo Laptop Briefcase Sage Green Canvas Tech Bag 90s Rare
$70.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$170.00

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue "Hockey Puck" Mac Mouse - Free S/H
$24.99

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New
$59.00

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99

Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119
$350.00

Apple Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer System Model Apple IIe
$225.00